Are you looking for an iPad Pro Never fear, we have you covered with these awesome back cover cases! Skip to main content. Black Friday at Dell: Check out the best deals now!
Set Default Media Player in MacOS
Forums Shop Toggle Search. Here's how! How to change the default Mac app for specific file types Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a. Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded. Click the dropdown and choose an app. Click Change All Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure. Click General at the top left of the window.
Click the dropdown next to Default web browser. Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default. How to set you default email reader Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. If you don't see the selector, click the arrow icon to the left of Open with. Select a media player from the drop-down list. Click on the media software you want to set as your new default player for this file format. If you don't see your favorite media player on the list, click Other at the bottom of the menu.
This will let you browse all your applications, and select a different software.
Alternatively, click App Store at the bottom of the menu to see a list of available software for download. It will open the Mac App Store, and list all media players that will play, edit, or convert this file format. Click Change All below the selector. This will change your default media player selection for all files with the same file format extension.
How to Change the Default Apps on a Mac | Digital Trends
You will have to confirm your action in a pop-up box. You can set a new default player for one file format at a time.
Changing the default player for an audio or video format will not apply your changes to all file formats. For example, if you change the default video player for MOV files, you will still have to change it for AVI files manually. Click the blue Continue button in the pop-up.
- apple mac air keyboard replacement.
- pdf datei als bild speichern mac?
- Change the Default Application a File Opens With on Your Mac.
- How to make IINA the default video player? : MacOS?
This will confirm your action and apply your changes to all files on your Mac with the same file format extension. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Already answered Not a question Bad question Other. Related wikiHows. Article Summary X 1. Did this summary help you? Yes No. Article Info This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Categories: Mac Print Edit Send fan mail to authors.
- How to set default video player on Mac- 3 easy steps.
- Change Default Media Player on Mac Easily!
- the degree sign on a mac.
- Сhange default video player on Mac.
- Set Default Video Player on Mac OS X.
- How to Change Default Video Player on Mac - Step-by-Step Guide.
- A Quick Guide on How to Change Default Video Player on Mac.
- How to Change Default Video Player on Mac - Step-by-Step Guide?
- Web browser.
- How to Change the Default Application for a File Type in Mac OS X;
- heroes of might and magic v expansion mac.
Is this article up to date? Cookies make wikiHow better.